Talina Edwards Architecture provides high-quality architectural services, emphasising sustainable, creative, collaborative outcomes.
THE ARCHITECTURAL PROCESS:
ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES & STAGES:
- Site Review/Initial Consult (Meet to discuss project, Information exchange – what you want, how we can help, services to suit your needs. Click here to learn more about this first essential step)
DESIGN STAGE 1:
- Pre-Design / Feasibility Studies This includes Site Analysis, Site Survey, Feasibility Report, and Brief Development (detailed document outlining your wishlist, budget, timeline, goals… with as much information as possible about who you are and what your requirements are
- Concept Design Initial overall conceptual design (Sketch Site Plan, Floor Plans and Elevations, 3D Computer Modelling) and Cost Estimate (by Quantity Surveyor)
DESIGN STAGE 2:
- Detailed-Design Full resolution of project with more detail; usually including interior design (kitchens/bathrooms/joinery), materials and finishes, fittings and fixtures, services, looking at energy-ratings, look at structural design (consultation with with Structural Engineer)
- Town Planning Permit (if required): Drawings, 3D model and Report for lodgement at your local council for planning permit approval
DESIGN STAGE 3:
- Construction Documentation Technical or ‘working’ drawings, schedules and specifications for the purpose of Tendering, Building Permit (lodgement with Building Surveyor) and Construction. (Drawings can include plans, elevations, sections, electrical layout, roof plan, door and window schedules and construction details, plus more).
- Building Permit Liaison with Building Surveyor to submit the above documents for Building Approval
- Builder Selection/Tender Process Either through a negotiated tender with one builder, or invited tender by getting prices from a number of builders. (Includes preparation of Tender documents, responding to inquiries, assessment of tenders, negotiation with preferred tenderer).
- Contract Administration We administer the contract between you and the builder. This means we attend regular site visits, assess that work on site is meeting design intent, certify progress claims by builder are valid, provide additional details to builder as required, administer project variations with your approval, prepare defects list prior to practical completion. This service is not applicable if you are an Owner Builder.
- Move in to your new home and enjoy!
ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES OPTIONS:
Depending on your requirements, you may not require all of these services. We can tailor the scope of our services to your needs. Some options include:
OPTION 1: Full (Traditional) Architectural Services: Includes ALL of the services as outlined above. This is where you get best value and the best chance to you get the home you dream of – in terms of quality, cost and time. Your Architect will be with you for the entire journey to help keep things on track.
OPTION 2: Full Architectural Design Services: Includes all the of the DESIGN stages above (but not the CONSTRUCTION Stage services)
OPTION 3: Basic* Building Permit Services: Includes all the of the DESIGN stages above, but to a limited scope (*Note this usually excludes Interior Design, Joinery Details, Electrical Layouts, Fittings & Fixtures Schedules, Door Schedules, Hardware Schedules, Colours and Materials Schedules, etc. These additional services can be arranged to suit your needs.)
OPTION 4: Partial ‘Design Only’ Services: DESIGN STAGE 1 only (Including Pre-Design, Feasibility and Concept Designs)
OPTION 5: Sustainable Design Consultancy Services: Preliminary Consultation / Brief Development / Sustainable Design Advice
Please contact us for more information and to discuss your needs.