GET OFF THE GAS & “My Efficient Electric Home”
Electrifying our future is the key to tackling the climate crisis and creating a clean energy future.
Let’s stop burning fossil fuels and get off the gas by creating healthier homes powered by GreenPower and the sun.
Simple steps you can take today:
- Call your electricity provider and switch to 100% GreenPower.
- Swap your gas cooktop for Induction
- Swap your gas gas oven for Electric
- Swap your gas hot water for an efficient air-sourced heat-pump
- Swap your gas heating for an efficient heat-pump air-conditioning unit (AND ensure your building envelope is well insulated and draft-sealed)
Want to know more:
- Learn more by joining the My Efficient Electric Home facebook community to learn how (see below)
- Listen to this Saul Griffith podcast
- Read BZE’s “Buildings Plan” (2013 http://bze.org.au/buildings-plan/) YES We’ve been advising our clients to get off the gas since this report came out a decade ago
- Read Richard Keech’s & BZE’s “Energy Freedom Home” (2015 http://bze.org.au/energy-freedom-home/)
- Read Tim Forcey’s articles published on “The Fifith Estate” (there are many, here’s one)
- Read Renew’s (formerly the ATA’s): 2018 “Household Fuel Choice” study
Because people and the planet matter.
(A similar version of this “Get Off The Gas” post went out across social media on Monday 4th July at 8am with thanks to a coordinated effort by Breathe Architecture as part of our the commitment to the #architectsdeclare movement)
Formed in June 2015, the“My Efficient Electric Home” (MEEH) FaceBook Groupis a leading DATABASE OF INFORMATION about improving the comfort and energy performance of Australian homes.
Eliminating fossil fuels from our homes is important because we face a climate emergency and must decarbonise as quickly as possible. Happily, in Australia and other places around the world, people can also save money and improve health and comfort by moving toward an “all-electric” home. (Which is then powered by renewable energy).