We are hiring!
*UPDATE* Please note we are no longer accepting applications for this role.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Position Available: Architectural Graduate / Building Designer
Who are we?
- We’re an emerging, award-winning architectural practice located in Ballarat on Wadawurrung country, recognised for our leadership in sustainability.
- We share a passion for creating healthy, beautiful, functional, comfortable and sustainable architecture.
- Our current projects are predominantly residential, designed to the international Certified Passive House (Passivhaus) standard, integrated with biophilic design and the concepts of the Living Building Challenge.
- We currently work on projects across the state, but most are within a 100km radius of our studio.
What’s the gig?
As a small design studio, the role requires an “all-rounder” as you will be involved in all stages in the design and delivery of architectural projects. Your role and responsibilities include:
- Working across multiple projects
- Documentation of buildings at various scales
- Research of legislative requirements
- Coordination of Planning and Building Permit Documentation
- Liaising with clients, consultants, councils and builders
- Client meetings and site visits
- Opportunity for design input
- Some office Administration tasks
- Ideally a full-time position, but we’re open to more flexible hours to achieve work-life balance
Do we share the same values and ethos?
- passion and purpose
- sustainability/regenerative design ethos: environmental, social/cultural, economical & spiritual
- genuine, ethical, honest
- seeker (& sharer) of knowledge & wisdom
- resourceful & shows initiative
- excellent communicator & collaborator
- creative, innovative, intuitive, intellect
- positive attitude and friendly
Do you have these professional skills and experience?
- Minimum 3 years full-time post-graduate experience (Registration not essential, mature applicants welcome)
- Experience in design of Passive House projects (Building Science knowledge and experience with PHPP, or Certified Passive House Designer qualification a bonus!)
- Passion for Sustainable Design (Qualified FirstRate/NatHERS Energy Rater/Assessor also a bonus)
- Proven experience in all stages of architectural services delivery (Pre-Design/Feasibility, Sketch Design, Design Development, Planning Permit, Interiors, Construction Documentation.) Contract Admin experience not essential.
- Current construction knowledge, construction detailing & architectural documentation experience (including knowledge of current NCC, common Australian Standards, etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work across multiple projects
- Creativity, design thinking, and problem solving skills (being a proactive solution-seeker)
- Attention to detail (To illustrate this quality, in your cover letter please tell us what type of music stirs your soul and why. This will also help us get to know you better.)
- Confidence and ability to work without close supervision (but also a team-player)
- High proficiency with AutoCAD 2D (no, we don’t use Revit/ArchiCAD yet, but might consider in the future if you have the skills!)
- High proficiency with SketchUp Pro 3D modelling (and DesignPH experience ideal too)
- Confidence with Apple Mac
What are benefits of joining us?
- Fabulous opportunity to join our growing practice who are passionate about our purpose
- Be an integral part of our small team who share the same values & vision of building a better future
- Collaborative working environment in great studio space (it’s a jungle in there!)
- Opportunity for future career progression
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
- We’re an equitable workplace
- All applications will be treated in confidence
Applications close midnight, Sunday 9th August 2020 (Please not that we will respond to applicants after this date.)
Please send your CV/Portfolio (max 10mb) with a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Hire Me!
Caring for Country: living, learning and working on the land of the Wadawurrung people of the Kulin Nation.